My favorite type of dip is a creamy and cheesy hot dip. I just can’t resist warm cheese! When we visited my in-laws, my father-in-law started talking about artichokes. That reminded me of my love for warm artichoke dip! That was it, I had to have it! We decided to spice it up with a little jalapeno which added a nice flavor.
The first step is to make sure the cream cheese is soft! It is really hard to combine the ingredients if the cream cheese is not at room temperature. Once you have the cream cheese softened, basically mix all of the ingredients together. I chopped the artichoke hearts so that they were bite sized. I also finely chopped the jalapeno. The jalapeno I used was not that spicy. In fact, I wish I would have used a bigger one!
Once all of the ingredients are combined, dump the mix in a pie plate. Bake until it becomes bubbly and slightly browned.
Now the hard part is waiting for the cheese to cool enough so you can dig in! Oh so yummy!
- ½ Cup Mayonnaise
- 1 Block Cream Cheese (8 oz.)
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- ½ Cup Parmesan Cheese
- 1 Jar Marinated Artichoke Hearts (10 oz.)
- 1 Jalapeno, finely chopped and seeds removed
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- ⅛ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon Slat
- Let cream cheese sit at room temperature for about a half an hour so it softens.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Drain artichoke hearts and chop hearts into bite size pieces.
- Place soft cream cheese in a bowl with mayonnaise and minced garlic. Mix until combined and creamy.
- Add artichoke hearts, diced jalapeno, pepper and salt and Parmesan cheese. Mix until combined.
- Fold in mozzarella cheese reserving a small amount of cheese to top the dip.
- Place dip in a pie plate and top with reserved mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until hot and bubbly.
- Serve with crackers or a sliced baguette.