The key to any meal is a successful blend of flavors & nothing pairs better with pork then apples! Check out this recipe for a sweet & savory blend of flavors that will make your pork chops sizzle! The nice thing about this recipe is that the pork chops can be seared in a cast iron skillet or on a grill!
The apple butter makes this marinade for the pork chops sweet and savory. The key to cooking these pork chops is to heat the grill or cast iron skillet for several minutes. The pork chops should sizzle when they hit the grill or pan! The cooking time will vary depending on the thickness of the pork chops.
- 4 pork chops, skinless & boneless
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- ½ tbsp. ground sage
- ¼ cup apple butter
- 2 tbsp. apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp. coconut oil
- In a small bowl whisk together apple butter, apple cider vinegar, coconut oil and ground sage to form a thick marinade.
- Season both sides of pork chops with salt & pepper.
- Coat pork chops in marinade and store in a Ziploc bag in the refrigerator for several hours.
- Heat a skillet or cast iron pan to high heat and allow to get hot for 5-7 minutes, brush with olive oil or additional coconut oil once hot to prevent sticking and place pork chops in pan. They should immediately start to sizzle.
- Cook for 7-10 minutes, flip and cook an additional 7-10 minutes or until the center is only slightly pink and chops are still juicy.
- Serve & enjoy!
Make sure you checkout the rest of my recipes in my recipe index!