I made this recipe a couple of weeks ago and it was delicious! I served it as a side dish and then ate the leftovers for lunch served over couscous. Asparagus season is coming up soon- I can’t wait!
- 1 Bunch Fresh Asparagus
- 2 Tablespoons Virgin Coconut Oil
- ⅓ Cup Pine Nuts
- ⅓ Cup Dried Cranberries
- ¼ Cup Feta Cheese
- Trim the woody ends off the asparagus. Chop the asparagus into 1-2" pieces.
- In a skillet heat the coconut oil over medium heat. Add the pine nuts and toast until slightly browned- about 4-5 minutes. Remove the pine nuts from the pan.
- Add the asparagus to the same skillet (add more oil if needed, I didn't need to). Cook the asparagus for 5 minutes or until it turns bright green and slightly soft.
- Just before asparagus is done add the dried cranberries and pine nuts- cook for 1 minute and remove from heat.
- Place asparagus mixture on a serving plate and sprinkle with feta cheese.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello