A few weeks ago I came across this Creamy Avocado Pasta recipe. It sounded so good and the recipe is very easy. It’s perfect for a work night meal. I added some bacon and tomato for a little flavor. Plus I just thought bacon, avocado and tomato sounded yummy!
Recipe: Bacon Avocado Pasta
- 1 Ripe Avocado, pitted
- 1 Tablespoon Lemon Juice
- 1 garlic clove, pressed
- 1/2 teaspoon Sea Salt
- 1 Tablespoon Dried Basil
- 2 Tablespoons Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 4 Slices Bacon, cooked and crumbles
- 1 Roma Tomato, diced
- 6 oz Pasta
- Cook pasta according to package directions.
- Combine avocado, lemon juice, garlic, salt, basil and olive oil into a bowl. Place into a food processor or use a hand blender to mix until creamy. It just takes a few seconds.
- When pasta is done cooking, drain. Apply avocado sauce to hot pasta. Mix in crumbled bacon and top with diced tomato.
- In the summer months, substitute fresh basil from your garden!
- If you want to save on calories, omit the bacon.
- Add Parmesan cheese on top for extra flavor.
Make sure to check out the rest of my easy recipes!