I baked my first venison tenderloin the other day and it came out perfect! Of course anything wrapped in bacon is hard to resist! Venison, like any wild game, needs to be marinated at least overnight. The marinate helps tenderize the meat and takes out the gaminess. Capt. M, our 7 year old son, absolutely loved this meal! I had to cut him off before he ate the whole tenderloin himself!
The bacon helped keep the meat juicing since their is very little fat in venison. It also added a little flavor.
- 2 lbs. Venison Tenderloin
- ½ Cup Soy Sauce
- ¼ Cup Worcestershire Sauce
- ¼ Cup Olive Oil
- Juice from one Lemon
- 2 Garlic Cloves, minced
- ½ teaspoon Black Pepper
- ½ Package of Bacon
- Mix soy sauce, Worcestershire sauce, olive oil, lemon juice, garlic and pepper together for a marinade.
- Pour marinade in a ziploc bag or plastic container and ad venison.
- Marinate overnight- at least 8 hours.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Remove venison from marinade. Wrap bacon around tenderloin. Each bacon piece will wrap about two times around meat.
- Place in a baking dish and bake for 30-35 minutes until a meat thermometer reaches 125 degrees.
- To crisp the bacon, place under broiler for 5 minutes.