Breakfast truly is the most important meal of the day so start your day off right with a wonderfully delicious and wholesome dish. When the alarm clock goes off, get up and toss the ingredients in this recipe together, stick it in the oven and you’ll have a hot bowl of whole grains, fruit, protein and nuts to fuel your day before you by the time you shower and get dressed.
- 2 cups apple, unpeeled & chopped into bite sized chunks
- 2⅔ cups old-fashioned rolled oats
- ½ cup raisins
- 2 tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ salt
- 4 cups vanilla soymilk
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¼- ½ cup walnuts (optional)
- Additional soymilk (optional)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a 2 quart baking dish or bowl with cooking spray.
- In the dish or bowl combine apples, oats, raisins, cinnamon, salt, soymilk and syrup. Mix well.
- Bake uncovered for 45-50 minutes or until nearly all of the liquid is absorbed.
- Remove from oven and add walnuts to the entire dish or to each individual serving depending on preference.
- Top with additional soymilk if desired.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my recipe index for more easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello