A much healthier alternative to fried greasy chips when a delicious dip like buffalo chicken dip or spinach artichoke dip are calling your name! Plus, it turns out that it is cheaper to make your own pita chips then to buy them!
Add the spices to the pita bread and then slice into triangles.
It only takes a few minutes to bake the pita bread and turn it into chips!
- 4 whole wheat pita rounds
- 2-3 tbsp olive oil
- Salt grinder
- Pepper grinder
- Sesame seeds
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lightly spray a large baking sheet with cooking spray.
- Brush one side of each pita round generously and completely with olive oil.
- Sprinkle with salt, pepper and sesame seeds---you want to make sure the seasonings are distributed as evenly as possible over the pita round.
- Slice the pita rounds like you would a pizza into 8 equal triangles.
- Place triangles in a single layer on the baking sheet.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes. Pita chips are finished baking when they are a deep golden brown and crisp to the touch.
- Remove from oven & cool completely.
- Serve & enjoy! Store leftovers in an airtight container.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello