Chips are one of America’s all-time favorite snack foods—millions of bags are consumed yearly along with all the grease, fat, calories, sodium and carbohydrates that are packed into each one of those crinkly cellophane bags that line the shelves in every supermarket and gas station we walk into. Temptation is hard to resist, but in order to eat healthier and reap the benefits of a healthier lifestyle then you need to resist temptation and look for alternatives! If you’re craving some crunch chips, then by all means MAKE them—BAKE them—and in the process control how much oil, salt and other seasonings are used!
After using a mandolin to slice the potatoes, place them on a wire rack. The wire rack will help ensure that the potato chips cook evenly. Rub olive oil on each potato slice and season with your favorite seasoning.
There is a built in portion control with these baked chips! Use just one potato and you will not be able to overeat!
- 1 large potato, peeled and sliced as thin as possible using a mandolin
- 1-2 tbsp olive oil
- Seasonings (optional---ex. ranch, garlic, onion, bbq seasoning etc.)
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees F.
- On a large baking sheet place wire racks side by side and spread potato slices in a single layer over the racks.
- Drizzle the potatoes with olive oil and using your fingers rub the potato slices to evenly coat each with oil.
- Season with salt & desired seasonings.
- Bake for 30-45 minutes or until crisp and golden brown. Bake time may vary depending on your ovens temperature control so watch closely to prevent over or under cooking.
- Serve & enjoy! If storing leftovers they will stay crisp longer if placed in a brown paper bag but are best fresh!