I have a hard time resisting mushrooms in any form but this appetizer recipe yields mushrooms that are so melt in your mouth savory and delicious that it’s hard to stop at just 1 or 2 or 3, you’ll want to eat them all!
- 16 oz white button mushrooms, cleaned with stems removed
- 3 tbsp butter
- 2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp fresh basil, minced
- 4 oz goat cheese, crumbled
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a sauté pan over medium heat melt butter and then gently sauté mushrooms for 2-3 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and continue sautéing mushrooms until most of the vinegar reduces and the mushrooms are soft.
- Remove from heat and layer mushrooms head side down in a baking dish in a single layer and drizzle with any remaining butter/vinegar left in the pan.
- In a small bowl mix together minced basil, goat cheese, salt & pepper.
- Using a small spoon gently stuff cheese mixture into each of the mushrooms; sprinkle any remaining cheese over the entire dish and bake for 10-15 minutes or until cheese is soft and begins to lightly brown.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure to checkout the rest of my easy recipes in my recipe index!