As I’ve mentioned before we LOVE grilling and the weathers been perfect for it! Try this recipe the next time you decide to toss on some hotdog and brats! Yummy!
Beer brats are made by simply cooking sausage in a beer and onion bath!
- 3-5 Brats or Sausages, with skins
- 24-36 oz beer (whichever variety you prefer, but I wouldn’t recommend an expensive one since you won’t actually be drinking it)
- 1 onion, sliced
- Celery salt
- Mustard (yellow or spicy brown mustard)
- Place brats or sausages in a pan or pot, pour in just enough beer to cover completely, toss in onions and bring to a boil, boil until brats are no longer pink (approximately 5-7 minutes) and onions are soft.
- Remove from pot, grill until brats are nicely browned (approximately another 5-10 minutes).
- Toast buns alongside on grill (if you so choose), place brat in bun, top with beer soaked onions, mustard and dash of celery salt.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello