Beets are packed with nutrients and have been used to cleanse the liver. Not only are beets good for a liver detox, but they also increase the oxygen in the blood!
Many juicing books and recipes use beets in their detox juices. I (Litsa) thought I would try one of these juices but I never seemed to have enough of all of the vegetables on hand to make one of their recipes. Thus, I gave the beets my own detox juicing twist. Fruit is a great cleanser when added to green juices so I balanced out the apples to double what I was using in beets in this juice recipe. The blend was perfect—not too salty, not to bland, but very cleansing.
- 1½ cucumbers (Peeled)
- 2 small beets( with red stems and a few leaves that were left on when I bought them) (washed)
- 4 stalks of celery (washed)
- 1 bunch of Italian Parsley (washed/stems used)
- 1 small lime (with skin)
- 4 small apples (with skin; 3 of mine were Granny Smith; one yellow apple)
- 1 small knob of ginger (washed, skin peeled)
- Add all ingredients to a juicer.
- Serve immediately. Add ice if you prefer a cold drink.
- Makes 3 pints of juice
It was a refreshing twist to green juice that makes its debut in my kitchen often. The beet red juice will not be used as meal replacements but added into my small meals throughout my day. You can read more on our thoughts about juicing in juicing questions answered.
You can find more information about juicing in the following posts:
Make sure you checkout the rest of the juicing posts for more information and recipes!