Using ingredients on hand is a great way to save money and stay on budget. I created this recipe out of leftover ingredients in my fridge—-cooked lasagna noodles that weren’t needed, ½ jar of taco sauce leftover from taco pizza, partial jar of salsa and some leftover cheese. Have fun with ingredients even when you’re not sure how it’ll taste in the end.
This dish is basically like a Mexican Lasagna Rollup! Two of my favorite types of food combined!
Pour taco sauce and cheese over top of the lasagna noodles. This will bake up to a nice ooey, gooey cheese layer! You could also use a variety of cheeses for different flavors- maybe a little pepper-jack?!
- 8 precooked lasagna noodles
- 15.25 oz can of black beans, rinsed & drained
- 12 oz white corn & black bean salsa (or preferred variety)
- ½ tsp dried basil
- Salt & pepper
- ¼ tsp red pepper flakes
- 8 oz Mild Taco Sauce
- 1 ½ cups cheddar, shredded cheese
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a bowl combine salsa and black beans, season with basil, pepper flakes, salt & pepper; mix well.
- Spread bean mixture along each of the lasagna noodles as evenly as possible and rollup.
- In a 9x13 baking dish spread ¼ cup of taco sauce on bottom then place rollups in pan seam side down, drizzle with remaining sauce and cheese.
- Bake covered for 20 minutes. Remove cover and bake an additional 10-15 minutes until cheese is completely melted and rollups are heated through.
- Serve & enjoy.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello