Eating black eyed peas on New Years Day is supposed to bring good luck. I made this tasty salsa type dip as opposed to the traditional Hoppin’ John dish. This recipe is best made ahead of time so the flavors can all meld together.
- (1) 15 oz. can Black Eyed Peas, rinsed and drained
- (1) can Ro-Tel, drained
- 2 Tablespoons Sugar
- ¼ cup Olive Oil
- 2 Cloves Garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons Balsamic Vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon Salt
- ½ Bunch Cilantro, chopped
- In a large bowl combine rinsed black eyed peas and drained Ro-tel.
- In a separate bowl combine sugar, olive oil, garlic, balsamic vinegar and salt. Wisk together.
- Pour sauce mix over black eyed pea and Ro-tel mixture.
- Add chopped cilantro and mix until incorporated.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least six hours. Overnight is best.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello