Here we are just over halfway through October and the Black Friday preview ads are already popping up! Black Friday is one of the greatest shopping days of the year. This year Black Friday is November 25th and it is never to early to start preparing!
I have shopped on Black Friday before and I will tell you I much prefer to shop from the comfort of my own home. Over the last few years many stores have had the same Black Friday pricing available online too- a great way to beat the crowds! However, I know many people enjoy the rush of shopping in stores.
Here are a few tips for shopping on Black Friday:
- Be prepared. Scout out preview ads and make a list ahead of time. I will post many store ad previews right here on How to Have it All as the ads become available.
- Have a plan in place. Determine which items are most important on your list and go for those items first.
- Bring a shopping partner but leave the kids at home. You need to use the buddy system to score the best deals and cover the store well.
- Try to leave the cart behind. When I shopped a couple of years ago I made the mistake of grabbing a cart. Trying to get through a mob of people in an isle with a cart is a tough thing to do. That’s where the buddy system really comes in handy!
- Some stores will price match but you need to have the ad handy.
- Bring your patience with you! There will be long lines.
- Don’t let the good prices entice you to buy more. As you wait in line, you will probably see many other items that were not on your list. Even though it’s a good price, remember to stick to your list! You won’t save money if you over buy.
So stay tuned over the next few weeks as the Black Friday ads roll out. I have teamed up with a wonderful group of bloggers to cover as many stores as possible.
For those of you that are concentrating on homemade gifts like me, remember to take a look at my Heartfelt Holidays posts!