Fresh produce is in abundant. Take advantage and enjoy the tastes of summer starting with this easy and delicious recipe for preparing squash! If you need more squash recipes, checkout my zucchini recipe roundup.
- 1 small yellow squash, sliced
- 1 small green squash, sliced
- 1 ½-2 cups vegetable oil (or enough to fill a small pan about 1 inch deep)
- ½ cup liquid egg substitute (or 2-3 beaten eggs mixed with a little milk)
- 1 cup panko bread crumbs, plain
- Seasonings of choice (I used garlic, salt & pepper)
- Preheat vegetable oil on high for a few minutes to get it nice and hot.
- Liberally season panko bread crumbs in a shallow dish with desired seasonings.
- Individually dip squash slices into egg then into bread crumbs to coat.
- Reduce heat on oil to around medium, place breaded squash slices into oil as you coat and fry for 3-5 minutes on each side or until golden brown and crisp.
- Remove with slotted spoon onto paper towels to drain.
- Serve & enjoy.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello