For a twist on breakfast, try this breakfast burger! You could make it for dinner or for breakfast; or just call it brinner! Packed with protein, this will surely get your day started right!
- 1lb ground beef
- Seasoning salt
- 4 slices of cheese (any variety you prefer)
- 1-2 potatoes, peeled & grated (substitute with store bought hash-browns if preferred)
- Olive oil
- 4 eggs
- 4 bagels
- Desired toppings: lettuce, tomato, mustard, mayo, pickles etc.
- Divide ground beef into 4 equal portions then shape into patties, season with seasoning salt & pepper.
- Grill to medium or medium rare depending on preference.
- Heat olive oil in medium sauté pan, press grated potatoes firmly onto the bottom of the preheated pan, season with salt & pepper, cook until bottom is brown & crispy (approximately 8-10 minutes) then divide into four sections, flip and cook until once again brown and crisp. Remove from heat.
- In a separate sauté pan fry 4 eggs sunny side up.
- Toast bagels.
- To assemble burger begin by placing one section of fried hash-browns on the bottom section of each bagel, then top with burger & slice of cheese followed by one fried egg; add additional accoutrements as desired.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 4 servings.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello