I love breakfast foods, have always loved breakfast foods, but I am not a morning person and cooking in the morning is usually the last thing I want to do so I end up pouring myself a bowl of cereal and milk. My favorite thing for breakfast is an egg sandwich so I decided to try freezing pre-made sandwiches for breakfast to see if we’d be mutually compatible and we are! Give it a try if you don’t always have time to cook yourself a meal in the morning but don’t want to hit the drive through for an Egg McMuffin either! They are quick and easy to make and best of all you can customize them to your preferences!
Make an assembly line of the ingredients to make the process go faster! Of course kid’s could help with the assembly by placing a piece of ham and cheese on each english muffin.
Once the eggs are cooked, ad one egg on top of each ham slice. The nice thing about this recipe is you can add the spices and ingredients you like! It is very versatile!
If you are packaging these for the freezer, wrap each sandwich individually in waxed paper. Then place them in a freezer bag.
- 12 eggs
- 12 English muffins
- 12 slices of Canadian bacon
- 6 slices of cheddar cheese, cut in half to equal 12 half slices
- Salt & pepper
- Additional seasonings (I seasoned mine with Italian seasoning)
- Grease a 12-cup muffin pan with oil or cooking spray and crack 1 egg into each cup. Bake @ 350 for 12-15 minutes or until egg whites are set.
- Meanwhile separate English muffins and lightly butter each side.
- Once eggs have finished cooking begin assembling sandwich. Start by layering bottom of muffin with slice of Canadian bacon, then one cooked egg patty, one half slice of cheese followed by top of English muffin.
- Wrap in wax paper, tape it closed and store in a Ziploc bag in freezer until ready to eat.
- When ready to eat remove frozen sandwich and microwave for 2-3 minutes or thaw and microwave for 1-2 minutes.
- Yields 12 breakfast sandwiches.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello