Its football season and that means digging out and digging into some great game day dishes! Try this recipe for a hot and spicy fun food that will get you up on your feet and shouting even if the game isn’t!
After you let the dough come to room temperature, you will roll it out and apply the filling. The great thing about this recipe is that you can easily substitute the filling ingredients!
Then the sides of the dough are folded up to start making an envelope.
Then you will gently start rolling the dough to form a closed loaf. Pinch the seams to seal the dough. The tricky part is transferring to a cookie sheet!
- 1 13.8 oz Pillsbury Pizza Crust (may substitute for homemade or preferred variety)
- ½ tsp celery salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and diced into small chunks (approximately 10 oz--I used both breasts from a rotisserie chicken)
- ½ cup blue cheese dressing
- ¼- ½ cup Franks RedHot Wing’s Sauce (more or less depending on how hot you want it)
- 3 oz mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 oz cheddar cheese, shredded
- If using Pillsbury pizza crust from refrigerator section, set out at room temperature for 20-30 minutes before beginning preparation of this dish. It will allow you to stretch out and manipulate the dough easier.
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees F.
- Lay out dough on a flat surface and either press or roll out dough into a large rectangle, make sure that no part is pressed too thin.
- Sprinkle with celery salt and garlic powder.
- Mix dressing and wing sauce together in a small bowl and then spread evenly across crust leaving about 1 inch on each side of the dough.
- Evenly distribute the chunks of chicken across dough and then top with mix of mozzarella and cheddar cheese.
- Fold over each edge about 1 inch and then starting at one side gently roll to form a closed loaf. Pinch seams closed at each end and carefully transfer to a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 25-30 minutes. Allow to cool for 5-10 minutes before slicing.
- Serve & Enjoy! Yields 6 servings!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes in my recipe index!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello