Nuts are a wonderful snack that can either be served salty or sweet. Almost every party or social gathering I attend has some sort of nut on the table. For an easy sweet nut treat, make these candy coated pecans. The holiday season is a great time to stockup on nuts since they seem to go on sale during this time.
Nuts also make a wonderful gift. Buy a pretty jar or even use a Mason jar to package these up for a friend. Another favorite recipe of mine is Roasted Rosemary Cashews. Make both recipes and you will have a savory and sweet nut assortment!
- 1 egg white
- 1 Tbsp. water
- 1 Lb. pecan halves
- 1 cup white sugar
- ¾ tsp. salt
- 1 tsp. ground cinnamon
- Preheat oven to 250 degrees. Grease a baking sheet.
- Mix sugar, salt and cinnamon together in a bowl.
- In a separate bowl whip egg white and water.
- Add pecans to the egg whites and stir to coat nuts evenly.
- Then add the pecans to the sugar mixture and stir to coat evenly.
- Place coated pecans on a baking sheet.
- Bake at 250 degrees for 1 hour. Stir every 15 minutes or so.
- Let cool before packaging or serving.