Okay cheese lovers, here is the perfect meatball recipe for you! I blended two flavors, Parmesan Cheese & Dubliner Cheese, from two nationalities (Italian & Irish) in this recipe. The result was a union of exquisite flavor and pure meatball perfection; in my opinion! Two types of cheese make these meatballs super moist. Check out this recipe for a new twist on an old classic!
When I make meatballs I like to make a large batch and freeze the extra. Frozen meatballs can easily be made into meatballs subs or spaghetti and meatballs on a busy night. To freeze meatballs, flash freeze them on a baking sheet. Then add them to a freezer safe container or bag. This way the meatballs can be taken out individually and they won’t clump together.
- 2 lbs. of lean ground beef
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ½ cup grated Dubliner cheese
- 2 cups Italian bread crumbs (or panko if you prefer)
- 1-2 tbsp. minced dried onion (or substitute with 1 small onion diced finely)
- 3-4 cloves of fresh minced garlic
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 3 tsp. dried basil
- ¾ tsp. each salt & pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Line a baking sheet with foil or alternatively use a broiler pan and coat with non-stick cooking spray.
- In a small bowl beat together eggs and milk.
- In a large bowl combine all ingredients including egg & milk mixture.
- Use hands to mix ingredients just until they come together. Overworking the meat will make your meatballs tough.
- Form into desired sized meatballs and bake until dark brown (approximately 30 minutes for golf ball sized meatballs, 35 minutes for jumbo meatballs or 20-25 for mini meatballs. Test for doneness prior to removing entire pan from the oven.)
- Serve & enjoy or cool completely and flash freeze on cookie sheets, package in airtight containers or freezer bags and store for future meals.
Other Meatball Recipes: