A chocolate chip cookie alternative that is chewy and chocolaty with just a hint of something more.
- ⅔ cup Crisco Butter Flavored Shortening
- 2 cups light brown sugar, packed
- 3 eggs
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tsp. baking powder
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ cups semi-sweet chocolate chips
- ¾ cup walnuts, chopped (optional)
- ½ cup shredded coconut
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 baking dish or prep with Baker’s Joy.
- In a large bowl cream together shortening, brown sugar, eggs and vanilla extract until well combined.
- In a separate bowl combine flour, baking powder and salt. Slowly add to wet ingredients until the flour mixture is well incorporated.
- Next fold in chocolate chips, coconut and walnuts.
- Transfer to baking dish and press out evenly into bottom of the dish.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes. Cool completely before cutting into bars.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello