Fajitas are quick and easy to make at home—use your favorite ingredients and top with your favorite toppings—no need to get fancy unless of course you want to! I love chicken, my husband loves steak, but either way these are a family favorite in our house!
- 2-3 small peppers or 1 large pepper seeded & sliced (any color(s))
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1-1 ½ lbs chicken breasts, cut into 1-2 inch chunks
- 1.4 oz pkg. Fajita Seasoning
- ⅓ cup water
- 2 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tbsp fresh oregano, minced
- ½ tsp red pepper flakes
- ⅛ tsp cayenne pepper
- Salt & pepper
- Tortillas (whichever size & variety you desire---servings will vary accordingly)
- Toppings: salsa, pico de gallo, guacamole, cheese, sour cream etc. (choose your favorites)
- Heat oil in a large sauté pan over medium-high heat, add chicken; season with salt and pepper, red pepper flakes, oregano and cayenne pepper. Cook for 5 minutes.
- In a small bowl mix together seasoning packet and water, after 5 minutes pour over sautéing chicken and toss in peppers & onions.
- Cook for an additional 5-7 minutes until chicken is cooked through (no longer pink) and vegetables have tenderized but still remain crisp.
- Wrap tortilla shells in paper towels and microwave for 1 minute; keep warm.
- Distribute the fajita mixture equally between tortillas, rollup and top with desired toppings.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello