I love a good chicken pot pie, but making it from scratch can be time consuming and labor intensive, so for those of you like me who want the great taste without all the fuss then try this recipe for a simpler yet satisfying version of a classic dish.
- (2) 10.75 oz cans cream of chicken soup, 98% fat free
- 8 oz package of refrigerated crescent rolls, red. fat
- 16 oz bag frozen mixed vegetables, thawed
- ⅓-1/2 cup shredded cheese (whichever variety you prefer)
- 2-3 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch pieces
- 1 tbsp olive oil
- Salt & pepper (season to taste)
- Garlic powder (season to taste)
- 5-6 leaves of fresh oregano, minced (or substitute for ¼ tsp dried oregano)
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a medium skillet pan, heat oil over medium-high heat and add chicken; season with salt, pepper and oregano and cook 5-7 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, grease a 7x11 inch casserole dish and add vegetables and one can of cream of chicken soup to dish, mix.
- Once chicken is cooked and drained, add to casserole dish along with remaining can of soup and mix ingredients together well.
- Sprinkle cheese over the chicken and veggie mix.
- Open & unroll crescent rolls, place them across the top of the casserole and pinch the seams closed.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes until the crescent roll topping is golden brown and casserole is bubbling beneath.
- Serve & Enjoy!
Make sure you check out the rest of my easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello