I am always looking for a quick and healthy meal to throw together for busy work week nights. Johnsonville Sausage challenged me to come up with a recipe using two secret ingredients- One of the Johnsonville Better for You Sausage and Uncle Bean’s Ready Rice. I chose the Chicken Sausage Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese for my recipe creation. I was also pleased that the Uncle Ben’s Ready Rice has minimal ingredients!
This meal can be thrown together in just a few minutes. If you don’t want to serve it as a wrap, serve the sausage mixture over rice. Th chicken sausage has a lot of flavor!
- 1 Package Chicken Sausage Chipotle Monterey Jack Cheese
- 1 Package Uncle Ben's Ready Rice Whole Grain RIce
- 1 Yellow Bell Pepper
- 1 Can Pinto Beans
- Whole Wheat Tortillas
- Cut the chicken sausage into round slices.
- Dice up the yellow bell pepper.
- Heat a Non-stick skillet over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and bell pepper.
- Cook for 6 minutes.
- Drain the pinto beans and add to the chicken sausage and bell pepper mixture. Cook for 2 minutes.
- In the microwave heat the Ready Rice following package instructions.
- Take a tortilla and place a small amount of rice. Add the chicken sausage mixture and then roll into a wrap.
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello