Sometimes the only thing that will do is chocolate. Just because a recipe starts with the word chocolate, doesn’t necessarily mean that it’s loaded with calories. This recipe combines breakfast and dessert but is protein packed! This would be a perfect breakfast for a post-workout snack!
The best part about this recipe is that it is so easy to make! There is no cooking or baking. Just simply mix the ingredients and let it sit in the refrigerator overnight.
- 1 c Unsweetened vanilla almond milk (or preferred variety)
- ½ c plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tbsp. special dark unsweetened cocoa powder
- Dash of salt (approximately ⅛ tsp.)
- 1-2 tbsp. Splenda brown sugar or 2-3 tbsp. dark brown sugar (sugar substitutes often measure less then their counterpart & are sweeter---this really depends on taste preference)
- 1 ¼ cup old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup chocolate whey isolate protein powder
- Mix all ingredients together well, divide into 2 equal portions (mason jars work well) and refrigerate overnight.
- Top with favorite toppings or not---serve & enjoy!
Other Oatmeal Recipes: