A few weeks ago, an acquaintance mentioned buying the new Dole Banana Dippers. She said it was the best money she spent at Costco- 20 packs for $7.99. There are only (4) Banana Dippers in each package. I thought to myself, I bet I could make the same thing for WAY less than that! After-all, it is just bananas and chocolate!
I often find ripe bananas at my Kroger for $0.39 a pound. Usually a whole bunch is right around $1. So for about $2 or less, you could make a ton of chocolate covered bananas!
The first step is to slice the bananas and then freeze them on a cookie sheet.
Once the banana slices are frozen, melt the chocolate and start dipping! Any kind of chocolate will work- semi-sweet, dark or white chocolate.
Place the chocolate dipped banana bites on a cookie sheet and place back in the freezer. A simple yet delicious snack or dessert!
- 2 Bananas, Sliced
- ½ Cup Chocolate Chips
- 1 Tablespoon Virgin Coconut Oil
- Place sliced bananas on a wax paper covered baking tray. Place in freezer.
- Once banana slices are frozen, make the dipping chocolate.
- Place the chocolate chips and coconut oil in a microwave safe dish. Heat for one minute and then stir. If not melted completely, heat in 30 second intervals.
- Dip the frozen banana slices in the melted chocolate. Place them on the waxed paper.
- Place them back in the freezer until chocolate is set.
- Store in an airtight container in the freezer!
Easily save money by making your own snacks! It doesn’t take much effort, just a little planning. If you like chocolate covered frozen banana bites, you will also like frozen chocolate covered kiwis!
Make sure you checkout my other recipes in my recipe index!