A need for something sweet and a desire not to break the calorie bank meet up together in this delightfully delicious cookie! These oatmeal based cookies are gluten free. When they are done baking, dip them in dark chocolate to make them taste like a decadent dessert.
Cookies that are packed with protein, have simple ingredients and a short bake time are winners in my book—even kids will love them!
- 1 cup almond butter, creamy
- 1 ¼ cups quick cook oats
- ½ tsp. salt
- 1 ½ tsp. baking soda
- ½ cup brown sugar
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt (or plain if you prefer)
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep (2) baking sheets with parchment paper; set aside.
- In a large bowl mix almond butter, oats, salt, baking soda, brown sugar and Greek yogurt together with an electric mixer set on low speed until well combined.
- Using a cookie scoop or tablespoon portion out individual balls of dough and place 2 inches apart on baking sheets.
- Bake for 8 minutes or until edges are just beginning to brown. Allow to cool on pan for at least 5 minutes before transferring to a wire rack to finish cooling. They will firm up when cooled completely.
- Once cooled completely melt chocolate in a microwave safe bowl in 30-second intervals until completely melted, dip one half of each cookie into chocolate and place on a sheet of wax paper to set.
- Serve & enjoy!
- Store cookies in an airtight container.