Homemade treats are not that hard to make. Even though they contain a lot of sugar, they are still healthier than the processed candies and goodies that are found in stores. Plus you can get your kids involved in the process!
This is a no bake recipe which means that it is really easy to make! It does get a little messy with rolling the peanut butter mixture into a ball. The end result is worth it though!
The minty chocolate chips in the middle are a nice surprise! Store these nutty treats in the refrigerator so that they stay firm.
- ½ creamy peanut butter
- ½ cup honey
- ½ tsp vanilla
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 cups chopped nuts (honey roasted peanuts, walnuts, almonds---I used a mix of these three)
- about a ½ to a cup full of mint chocolate chips
- In a medium bowl, combine peanut butter, honey, vanilla and powdered sugar and only part of chopped nuts. Stir until combined with a wooden spoon.
- Portion out about one tablespoon of mixture or less (you decide), flatten and wrap it around 3-4 mint chocolate chips.
- Roll the wrapped ball in the remaining chopped nuts.
- Repeat until all the mixture is used.
Other No Bake Treats: