I gave these Mason Jar Cookie Mixes to my children’s teachers last year. They were such a big hit that the teachers asked for the recipe to make their own Mason Jar Mixes! I love that Mason Jar Mixes are so easy to make and look cute in jars. I didn’t use mason jars last year since I got a great after Christmas clearance deal on the jars in the picture. The original recipe came from the book The Mason Jar Dessert Cookbook.
- 1¼ Cups all-purpose flour
- 1¼ Cups graham cracker crumbs
- ¾ Cup miniature chocolate chips
- ½ Cup brown sugar, packed
- ½ Cup granulated sugar
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ¼ teaspoon cinnamon
- Wash and dry a 1-quart wide mouth canning jar.
- Layer the ingredients as follows: brown sugar, granulated sugar, flour, baking soda, cinnamon, graham cracker crumbs, chocolate chips.
- Try to keep the layers level as you layer by pressing the ingredients down firmly.
- Secure the lid and attach instructions.
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
Blend ¾ Cup Butter, 1 egg, 2 Tablespoons milk and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract until creamed.
Add the contents of the mason jar into the creamed butter mixture. Mix well.
Place heaping teaspoonfuls of dough on ungreased baking sheet about 2 inches apart and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350 degrees.