Breakfast is the most important meal of the day. Start your day off right with a mix of whole grains, fruit and nuts! This recipe will satisfy your hunger and keep you going until lunch!
- 15 oz can of pear halves, in juice
- 2 cups quick cooking or old fashioned oats
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp salt
- ⅓ cup walnuts, chopped
- ¼ cup dark brown sugar
- Milk (optional)
- Drain pears and reserve juice in a 4 cup measuring cup. Add water to juice to equal 3 ½ cups of liquid.
- Chop pear halves and set aside.
- In a medium saucepan bring juice/water mixture to a boil. Stir in oats, cinnamon and salt. Reduce heat to medium and cook for 1 minute, stir occasionally. (If using old fashioned oats, cook for 5 minutes).
- Remove from heat, add brown sugar and nuts and mix well before gently folding in pears.
- Spoon into individual bowls and add milk before serving if desired. Serve and Enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!