Given the choice which one would you choose—cinnamon rolls or French toast???? If you’re still pondering that question as you read this sentence then this recipe is perfect for you because you don’t have to choose!
The first step is to cut the refrigerated cinnamon rolls into pieces. Then you are going to spread them in the bottom of a baking pan.
The egg mixture is then poured over the cut up cinnamon rolls. Then the maple syrup is drizzled over the top- yummy!
- (2) 12.4 oz cans of refrigerated Pillsbury Grand Cinnamon Rolls w/icing
- 4 eggs
- ½ cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- ¼ tsp nutmeg (optional---I love combining cinnamon & nutmeg for extra pizzazz)
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- ¾-1 cup chopped pecans—optional
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish with melted butter, oil or cooking spray.
- Open each roll of cinnamon rolls and cut each of the 16 rolls into 8 pieces each and spread them out in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- In a medium bowl beat eggs, then whisk in whipping cream, cinnamon, nutmeg and vanilla extract; pour gently over cinnamon roll chunks in the casserole dish.
- Drizzle with maple syrup and sprinkle with nuts—if you’re including them.
- Bake 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, remove covers from icing (they are metal) and microwave for 10-15 seconds; drizzle over casserole.
- Serve & enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello