Southerners love their biscuits topped with sausage and gravy, but coming from the North I love mine topped with cream beef. Cream beef on toast or S*%$ on a Shingle as my mother used to call it was a favorite growing up and still is.
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour
- 4 tbsp unsalted butter, cubed
- 2-2 ½ cups milk
- (2) 2 oz packages of beef lunch meat
- Salt & pepper (to taste)
- Dried parsley (a dash—adds color, optional)
- 4-6 biscuits (any variety)
- In a small sauce pan melt butter over medium-high heat and then add flour, mix to form a rue.
- Slowly add milk, stir briskly and continuously until mixture thickens.
- Season with salt and pepper and sprinkle in a dash of parsley.
- Reduce heat to low and stir occasionally to prevent burning for about 5 minutes.
- Prepare biscuits and top with cream beef mixture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!