Garlic bread is by far the best accompaniment to pasta dishes (in my opinion), but sometimes it can get a little boring if you never venture beyond the typical bread, butter and garlic topping. I threw this recipe together out of my own personal desire to spice up our usual and also use up some items I had stored in the fridge. Creamy and delicious, this garlic bread is going to find its way to our table often!
- ½ loaf of French bread (store bought or homemade)
- 10 oz reduced fat Ricotta cheese
- ⅛ cup Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp dried basil
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Slice half a loaf of French bread length-wise in half and place on sheet pan.
- In a small bowl combine Ricotta, parmesan, garlic and basil, mix well.
- Spread mixture equally over each half of the French bread.
- Then top each equally with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake for 12-15 minutes. If cheese does not brown on top, broil on high for an additional 2-3 minutes until cheese begins to brown and bubble!
- Serve & enjoy!
- Yields 6 servings.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!