It’s no secret my family & I love BREAD!!! I came across this recipe awhile back for an artisan style bread loaf and I have to tell you it’s to die for! This bread is super crunchy on the outside and deliciously soft and mouthwatering on the inside! Any novice can make this bread—no kneading required–but it does however require one special instrument—a cast iron or enamel pot or like baking dish that can withstand 450 degree temperatures.
Mix all of the ingredients in a large bowl. The dough will be very sticky!
Cover with plastic wrap and let rise for 12-18 hours. It is best to make this and let it rise overnight!
The end result is a crusty bread, perfect for hearty meals! For more information & more flavor combinations visit the Simply So Good Blog.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ¾ tsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. instant active dry yeast
- 1 ½ cups warm water
- In a large, deep mixing bowl whisk together flour, salt and yeast.
- Add water and mix until well combined and no dry flour remnants remain—it will become a moist, lumpy, sticky looking mess in the bottom of the bowl.
- Seal the bowl tightly with saran wrap and set aside on your counter (DO NOT REFRIGERATE) to rise for 12-18 hours.
- When ready to bake preheat oven to 450 degrees F and dig out your enamel or cast iron pot. When heated place pot with lid on into the oven for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, remove saran wrap from bowl and dump out the dough onto a generously floured surface. Cover hands with flour and shape dough into a ball.
- Once again cover with saran wrap and let it sit while pot heats in the oven.
- Remove pot from oven after allotted time then flour hands again before gently picking up the ball of dough and CAREFULLY dropping it in the VERY HOT pot.
- Bake covered for 30 minutes then remove lid and bake for an additional 10-15 minutes.
- When the bread has a deep beautiful golden color remove from oven and place on a wire rack to cool.
- Serve & enjoy!