There are sweet treats that are bad for you and sweet treats that are good for you—it’s all in the ingredients! Check out this recipe if you want a healthy alternative to a very decadent dessert! In fact, most people won’t even realize that these truffles are made with avocado!
The first step in this recipe is to cut and pit the avocados. If you haven’t cut an avocado before, remember to checkout my tips on how to cut an avocado. Likewise, if you don’t have a ripe avocado, you can easily ripen an avocado at home!
After the truffle mixture is mixed it must be refrigerated for about 30 minutes before you roll it into balls. The yield for this recipe is about 24 truffles.
After the truffles are rolled out, you can dip them in a coating of your choice. White chocolate, dark chocolate, powdered sugar, oreo crumbs, sprinkles and crushed nuts are all good options! Store in the refrigerator.
- 2 ripe avocados
- 10 oz. dark chocolate (I used Ghirardelli 60% Cacao Chips)
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ¼ tsp. salt
- 3 tbsp. unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ tsp. instant coffee granules
- Cut avocados in half lengthwise, remove pits and place flesh into the bowl of a food processor, pulse until avocado is smooth.
- In a microwave safe bowl melt chocolate on 70% power stirring every 15-30 seconds until melted.
- Stir in avocado, brown sugar, vanilla, salt, cocoa powder and coffee granules, mix until thoroughly combined.
- Chill in refrigerator for 30 minutes.
- Use a tablespoon or small ice cream scoop to divvy out the truffle mixture, roll into balls and place on a sheet of wax paper.
- Once all balls are formed roll each in coating of choice.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields approximately 2 dozen truffles.