After the wide spread success of Nutella there has been an implosion all these wonderful new spreads on the market and my favorite (and my daughter’s) by far is Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate—its great on its own but who doesn’t love a recipe that calls for peanut butter let alone chocolate peanut butter right!?! Well that got my mind to thinking when it came time to make my favorite homemade peanut butter frosting for my son’s 1st birthday. I substituted the dark chocolate peanut butter in the recipe and I’ll never go back—it made every bite of cake just that much MORE delicious!
This homemade frosting recipe is easy to whip up. Plus you won’t be able to resist licking those beaters!
The dark chocolate peanut butter frosting was a perfect compliment to the chocolate chunk chocolate cake!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 1 cup Skippy Natural Peanut Butter Spread with Dark Chocolate
- 4 cups confectioners’ sugar
- ¼ cup whole milk
- 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
- In a large bowl cream together butter and peanut butter with a hand mixer.
- Add 2 cups of powdered sugar and blend on low speed.
- Add milk and vanilla extract blend and mix on low speed.
- Add remaining powdered sugar and mix until smooth.
- Frost cakes, brownies and or cupcakes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello