Spring is inevitably a very busy time of year for most of us—a time when we need to tackle all those indoor and outdoor tasks we couldn’t accomplish throughout the long, cold winter months which inevitably means that we don’t have hours to spend slaving away in the kitchen—we need quick and simple to get us through this season! This recipe is quick and will hit all the right notes—at least it does with my family!
When making seasoned taco meat, remember that you can easily make homemade taco seasoning! It takes just a couple of minutes to throw together and their will be no additives or preservatives in your mix! Greek Yogurt is also a healthier substitute for sour cream!
- Red & green leaf lettuce, chopped
- Tomatoes, diced
- Jalapenos, sliced
- Shredded cheese (any variety you prefer)
- Hot sauce
- Sour cream (we often use plain Greek yogurt as a substitute)
- Nacho Cheese Doritos
- 1 lb. ground beef or ground turkey
- 1 pkg taco seasoning mix
- ¾ cup water
- In a sauté pan over medium high heat cook ground beef or turkey until no longer pink; drain to remove excess grease and return to pan.
- Add taco seasoning mix and ¾ cup water, bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer for 10 minutes.
- Once taco meat has finished cooking plate the salads (use any of the suggested ingredients that you desire), begin with a layer of nacho cheese Doritos, add lettuce, taco meat, tomatoes, jalapenos, shredded cheese, salsa, hot sauce and top it all with a dollop of sour cream!
- Serve & enjoy!