If you’re short on time and need a healthy dessert you can whip up in under an hour with ingredients nearly everyone has on hand, this banana bread recipe is for you. With a short 5 minutes of prep and 50-60 minute bake time, you’ll be enjoying a delicious and filling treat everyone in the family will love!
Recipe: Banana Bread
- 3-4 ripe bananas, smashed
- 1/3 cup unsalted butter, melted (or substitute with a light or yogurt butter for less calories)
- ¾ cup sugar (or corresponding measurement for sugar substitute)
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- Dash of salt
- 1 ½ cups of all-purpose flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a large mixing bowl mix together the melted butter and smashed bananas.
- Add in sugar, beaten egg and vanilla.
- On top the mixture sprinkle on the baking soda and pinch of salt and mix it all together.
- Last, add the flour and mix well.
- Pour batter into a greased 4×8 inch loaf pan and bake for 50-60 minutes.
- (All ovens are different which can affect cooking time, so watch your bread carefully to prevent burning or overcooking.)
- Partially substitute whole wheat flour for all-purpose flour if you desire.
- For an extra special treat, add some chocolate chips to the batter before baking!
Make sure you check out the rest of my easy recipes!