One of my favorite recipes is stroganoff. I love the creamy sauce with the mushrooms! Plus it is super easy to make and very filling. Although I am calling this beef stroganoff, you can also use chicken or venison. All three versions come out fantastic!
- 6 Tbsp butter
- 1 pound of top sirloin, cut thin (or use leftover meat or chicken!)
- ⅓ cup finely chopped shallots or onions
- ½ pound mushrooms (fancy variety or just white)
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
- dash nutmeg
- 1 cup of sour cream
- Melt 3 Tbsp. of butter over medium-high heat. Add steak, season with pepper and salt. Cook until browned. Remove steak and keep warm. (If using leftover meat, just skip this step!)
- Add shallots or onions, mushrooms and remaining butter to pan drippings and cook until tender over medium heat. Add a dash of nutmeg.
- Reduce heat to low and add sour cream. Mix sour cream in thoroughly and then take off heat. Do not boil the sour cream as it will curdle. Add the beef back in. Serve over egg noodles.
- This is a very easy work night recipe. You could serve over rice too.
- If you don’t have mushrooms on hand, use a can of cream of mushroom soup. It makes a thicker gravy so you may need to add some water.
For more easy recipes, make sure to checkout my recipe index!