Meatballs are such a versatile food. They are great as a main dish or as an appetizer! With Johnsonville’s Fully Cooked Meatballs, it makes meatball recipes so easy to make. For an easy appetizer, try making meatball sliders! There are only four ingredients and minimal prep time. Plus the whole family will love these little sandwiches!
Johnsonville Fully Cooked Meatballs are found int he frozen section at the grocery store. They come in three flavors – Three Cheese Italian, Classic Italian and Homestyle. Any of these flavors will work well for this meatball slider recipe. Use your favorite pasta sauce to warm the meatballs in. Then all you need is cheese and slider rolls!
For this recipe I started with frozen meatballs. To warm the meatballs, place them in a large stock pot. Pour a jar of spaghetti sauce overtop of the meatballs. Bring sauce to a boil and then cover with a lid. Cook over medium heat for about 20 minutes. Make sure you stir the meatballs on occasion.
I used the broiler to toast the top of the slider rolls and melt the cheese. It only takes a minute or two under the broiler!
Cut the rolls apart and serve with spaghetti sauce for dipping! My kids and hubby absolutely loved these little appetizers!
- 1 bag Johnsonville Fully Cooked Meatballs
- 1 jar Pasta Sauce
- ½ Cup Mozzarella Cheese
- 1 Package Slider Rolls
- Place frozen meatballs and pasta sauce in a stockpot. Bring sauce to a boil. Turn heat down to medium and place lid on pot. Heat for about 20-25 minutes until meatballs are warm.
- Cut Slider rolls in half so that there is a top and bottom. Place a warm meatball on the slider roll bottom. Sprinkle with cheese and place slider roll top on.
- Broil sliders for 1-2 minutes to melt cheese.
- Serve with pasta sauce for dipping.
If you liked this meatball recipe, you may also like my Ultimate Party Meatball recipe!
Disclosure: This is a sponsored post on behalf of Johnsonville. All opinions expressed are mine!