A healthy breakfast omelet that will keep you fueled for the day ahead! This is also great for breakfast for dinner! You can never go wrong with protein packed eggs and veggies!
A little tip to prevent a soggy omelet is to let the tomatoes and spinach sit on a paper towel to soak the extra juices.
- 1 tbsp. olive oil
- ½ tsp. minced garlic
- 1 cup fresh spinach
- ⅔ cup Allwhites liquid egg or the egg-whites from 3 large eggs
- 2 tbsp. feta cheese, crumbled
- ½ small tomato
- Salt & pepper
- In a medium sauté pan heat oil and garlic over medium heat. Add spinach and sauté, stirring occasionally until wilted.
- Dice tomato and let drain on a paper towel lined dish.
- Once cooked, transfer cooked spinach to a paper towel lined dish as well to soak up the excess oil and juices.
- Heat a second medium sauté pan over medium heat, spray with cooking spray and pour in liquid egg whites, tilt pan to spread evenly across bottom of pan.
- Cover and cook for 2-3 minutes or until egg has set enough that you can lift from edges with a spatula.
- Add drained spinach & tomatoes to one half of the cooked egg-whites; sprinkle with feta cheese, season with salt & pepper then fold the other half of the egg over the filling.
- Cover and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Using a spatula gently slide omelet from pan to plate.
- Serve & enjoy!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello