Nothing goes better with fried eggs then toast unless of course it’s French toast! Check it out!
If you plan on eating more than one piece of french toast, you probably don’t want to put an egg in a basket for each piece! I cookie cutter works well for making a hole in the bread!
- 4 eggs (or corresponding measurement for egg substitute)
- 1 cup whole milk (or half & half)
- 1 ½ tbsp pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of salt
- 8 slices 1” thick cut bread (any variety)
- Butter or spray (for greasing griddle)
- 8 individual eggs (or less if you choose not to have an egg in each of your slices)
- Preheat a skillet or griddle to 250-300 degrees F.
- Cut out a circle, heart or other shape in the center of each slice of bread.
- In a bowl combine eggs, milk, vanilla extract, cinnamon, nutmeg & salt; beat until egg mixture is light and frothy.
- Dip bread slices individually into egg mixture; flip to coat each side and place on a well heated griddle. Crack open an egg into the center hole of each slice of bread immediately after placing on griddle.
- Cook for 3-5 minutes on each side or until light golden brown.
- Remove from griddle and top with desired toppings---butter, syrup, powder sugar etc.
- Serve & enjoy! Yields 8 servings.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello