Summer has definitely arrived and in order to beat the heat while jumping in and out of the pool, I’ve had to get creative with treats and snacks for myself and for the kids. We’ve done homemade fudgesicles, popsicles, slushies, smoothies & ice cream cones, but this recipe isn’t any of those things—however it is cold, crunchy and yummy! Check it out!
I used vanilla Greek yogurt and fresh blueberries, but this will work with whatever you have on hand or whatever you prefer—your favorites will make it all the more appealing as a sweet treat for you!
- Yogurt (any variety and flavor you desire)
- Fresh berries (any variety you desire)
- Line a large baking sheet with wax paper.
- Rinse, drain and pat dry berries then dip each berry into the yogurt to coat it using a toothpick. Transfer to wax paper and freeze once all berries have been thoroughly coated (a second toothpick is useful in helping to transfer berries from stick to wax paper).
- Once frozen, remove from wax paper and seal in ziploc container in freezer or consume on the spot!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello