Its no secret that I LOVE TO BAKE and that I have a SWEET TOOTH—which makes it really tough to lose weight and keep it off. I have been experimenting with more and more healthy recipes and ingredients in order to let myself have scrumptious treats without all the guilt. Check out this recipe for a “healthy” alternative to traditional brownies!
The secret ingredient in these fudge like brownies is avocados! The avocados make the brownies very creamy. Also the instant coffee gives chocolate a special flavor. Don’t skip the instant coffee!
- 2 ripe avocados
- ¾ cup brown sugar
- 2 tsp. coconut oil, melted
- ¼ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. salt
- 2 tsp. instant coffee granules
- ⅓ cup instant oats
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Prep an 8x8 baking dish with cooking spray or line with parchment paper.
- Cut avocados in half, remove pit and scoop flesh into a medium sized bowl; mash with a fork until smooth.
- Add brown sugar and coconut oil and stir to combine.
- Add cocoa powder, vanilla extract, salt and coffee granules; mix well.
- Fold in oats until just combined.
- Pour into baking dish, smooth top flat with a spatula.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until center is set.
- Cool for at least 1 hour before slicing.
- Serve & enjoy!