Chicken is a regular staple in our house so it was time to get creative! This simple and easy technique takes baked chicken to a whole new level and has my mind whirling with future flavor combinations! Check it out—its simple and delicious and only takes 20 minutes to prepare!
In order for chicken breasts to be stuffed, they need to be flattened out. The easiest way to do this is to place the chicken breasts between wax paper. Then use a meat pounder to make flattened chicken breasts. This will also ensure that the breasts cook evenly if you make it an even thickness. Once the chicken breast is flat, add the herbs and goat cheese.
The next step is to roll the chicken breast up and wrap it in prosciutto. Use toothpicks to help hold the chicken together. Then brown the wrapped chicken in hot oil before baking for 15 minutes. An easy and delicious chicken recipe!
- (4) skinless boneless chicken breasts
- 4-6 oz. of goat cheese, sliced into strips (more or less depending on how cheesy you wish them to be)
- Fresh or dried Thyme
- Fresh or dried Basil
- Fresh ground salt & fresh ground peppercorn
- (4-8) slices of prosciutto
- Olive oil (enough to fill a sauté pan to about ½ inch deep with oil)
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees F.
- Prep a small baking sheet with aluminum foil, set aside.
- Heat oil in a small flat-bottomed sauté pan over medium-high heat.
- Place chicken breasts between sheets of wax paper and pound out using a meat mallet until approximately ¼ - ½ inch thick or alternatively place individually in quart sized Ziploc bags and pound out.
- Season both sides of each breast with salt and pepper to taste then on one side place approximately 1 oz. of goat cheese, sprinkle with thyme & basil and roll up, once rolled up wrap 1-2 slices of prosciutto depending on size of breast until wrapped fully, use toothpicks to keep in place & chicken breast rolled tightly.
- Continue process for each piece.
- Place prepared breasts into hot oil and cook for 5 minutes, turning every few minutes to brown each side.
- Once browned remove breasts to the baking sheet and bake in heated oven for an additional 15 minutes, flipping over midway through bake.
- Serve & enjoy!