I love to make salads loaded with as many fresh ingredients as I can find in my refrigerator. While I enjoy a variety of store-bought dressings, fresh is always best. If you take the time to read the ingredients labels on many store bought dressings, you will quickly see a long list of ingredients that aren’t necessary. Some have sugar, high fructose corn syrup and pf course preservatives.
Whip up this dressing in a matter of minutes and revel in how easy and delicious it is—as easy as drizzling on dressing from a bottle. Drizzle on salads, sandwiches and wraps or use in cold pasta or bean salads.
More homemade dressing recipes:
- ⅔ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 tsp. Italian seasoning
- ¼ tsp. finely ground sea salt
- ¼ tsp. fresh ground peppercorn
- Juice from one lemon
- Diced Kalamata olives (if desired)
- Place all ingredients in a mason jar (or similar storage container with lid) and shake well.
- Chill for 30 minutes.
- Serve as desired & enjoy! Store remainder in refrigerator.