With the Holiday food upon us, it’s time to fire up those juicers. Fresh juice will help offset the high calorie foods we tend to consume this time of year. Plus juicing helps keep your immune system strong! This recipe is for a very green juice with a touch of citrus. The ginger adds bite and spice while .
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can use any greens. Use whatever greens are on sale or whatever you can find in the clearance section at the store. Spinach, swiss chard, kale, dandelion greens, beet greens and more all work well.
- 2 medium grapefruits
- 4 small oranges
- 4 over ripe pears
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- a knot of ginger
- 3 packs of greens (5oz packages): Spinach, Chard, Kale, Mizuna, & one of the three packs was a 'Spring Mix' with a variety of greens
- ½ cup of water
- Peel grapefruits and oranges.
- Wash remaining produce. Slice pear and peel ginger.
- Add all produce to juicer.
- Add water to clean out juicer and add volume to the juice.
You can find more information about juicing in the following posts: