Quiches are about the most customizable food in the world—seriously the combinations of vegetables, meats, cheeses, spices etc. are endless. Then you have the all-important question of whether to bake in a crust or go crust-less!?! Can’t decide between Option A & Option B—choose neither and go with Option C—a HASH BROWN CRUST! Seriously amazing and it takes a savory breakfast quiche to a whole new level—check it out!
The first step is to press hash browns into a spring form pan. Make sure to squeeze the excess water out of the potatoes before placing in the pan. The hash brown crust needs to bake for about 25 minutes before the other ingredients are added.
The great thing about this recipe is that you can vary the ingredients! Use whatever vegetables, cheese or meat you have on hand. Or leave out the meat entirely and make it a vegetarian dish. After cooking the quiche, let it sit for about five minutes before removing the spring form pan.
This quiche looks so pretty and will be a crowd pleaser!
- 4 cups hash browns (homemade or store-bought)
- 4 tbsp. salted butter, melted
- 4 eggs
- 1 cup milk
- 1 ½ cups shredded cheese
- Salt & pepper
- Oregano (to taste)
- Parsley (to taste)
- 1-2 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil
- ½ onion, diced
- ¼ cup sweet peppers, diced
- ½ cup fresh mushrooms, chopped
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Grease the sides and bottom of a 9” spring-foam pan with Crisco, butter or nonstick cooking spray.
- Squeeze excess water from hash browns using clean towels or paper towels, toss with melted butter and press across the bottom and up the sides of the spring foam pan.
- Bake for 25 minutes.
- In a medium sauté pan heat oil and garlic until fragrant then add onions, peppers and mushrooms, season with salt, pepper and oregano and sauté for 7-10 minutes.
- In a large bowl whisk together eggs and milk then stir in cheese and sautéed vegetables.
- Pour into prebaked hash brown crust and sprinkle the top with parsley.
- Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F and bake for 45-50 minutes or until a knife inserted into center comes out clean and the top is golden brown and puffed.
- Let sit for at least 5 minutes before removing outer edge of spring-foam pan and cutting.
- Slice, serve & enjoy!