Need a healthy snacks that satisfies your chocolate and crunchy cravings? These healthy granola mounds are the answer! They are easy to make and will leave you full! Add chia seeds or flaxseeds to add a little more protein and Omega 3!
The nice thing about this recipe is that you can easily adapt it to the ingredients you have on hand. Substitute a different type of nut, try a different type of cereal or use all chocolate chips. The possibilities are endless.
- ¾ cup peanut butter
- ¾ cup honey
- 1 cup granola
- ½ cup Crispy Rice Cereal
- ½ cup chopped pecans
- ⅛ cup semisweet chocolate chips
- ⅓ cup butterscotch chips
- Over medium heat, melt together the peanut butter and honey, stirring frequently until warm and creamy. Remove from heat and set aside to cool.
- In a large bowl, toss together the granola, rice cereal, pecans, chocolate and butterscotch chips.
- Stir in the peanut butter mixture.
- Place a spoonful of mixture into muffin baking cup liners.
- Refrigerate until serving.
This recipe was adapted from here.