I have been wanting to make homemade chicken nuggets for months now. The freezer going kaput kind of forced me into making them! Chicken nuggets are pretty easy to make. The worst part is handling the gooey raw chicken- ewww! But the results were fantastic! I love the fact that the boys like the nuggets and they are free from artificial ingredients and they are baked!
The first step is to grind up boneless skinless chicken breasts. I used the food processor attachment to my hand blender. You want the chicken finely chopped but still with some texture to it.
I use a baking rack to cook the nuggets on so they cook evenly. They look like “real” store bought nuggets don’t they? My boys loved them!
- 1.5 lb. Boneless Skinless Chicken Breast (raw)
- ¼ Cup Old Fashioned Oats
- ¼ teaspoon Parsley
- ¼ teaspoon Onion Powder
- ½ teaspoon Garlic Salt
- ¾ Cup Bread Crumbs
- Heat oven to 375 degrees.
- Place the oats, parsley, onion powder, salt and garlic powder in a food processor. Pulse until oats are finely chopped and the spices are mixed.
- Place oat mixture into a large bowl.
- Cut boneless chicken into chunks. Place the chunks of raw chicken into a food processor. Pulse until chicken is finely chopped but not a paste.
- Add the finely chopped chicken into the bowl contain the oat mixture. Mix until ingredients are combined.
- Place bread crumbs in a bowl.
- Form the chicken mixture into nugget shapes. Then roll the chicken in the bread crumbs.
- Place chicken nuggets on a baking rack that is sprayed with non-stick cooking spray.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Make sure you check out my other easy recipes!
This recipe may be linked at I Should Be Mopping the Floor, Two Maids Milking, The Saturday Evening Pot, Permanent Posies, 33 Shades of Green, Blackberry Vine , Polka Dots on Parade, Southern Lovely, Crystal & Comp, Tatertots & Jello